Botanical Garden project at the University of Parma
2019/2020 CALL FOR APPLICANTS - “Not in my backyard!’’ - Scholarships for Students from international universities partner of the University of Parma
The call is published upon official approval with Rector's Decree 2418 (Prot. n.205772) dated 8th October 2019.
THE UNIVERSITY OF PARMA SELECTS CANDIDATES FOR AWARDING 6 (six) Incoming Scholarships of the duration of 6 months each, for the attendance of the University of Parma during the Spring Semester of the Academic Year 2019/2020 (February-July 2020).
The scholarship beneficiaries will be involved in the relaunch process of the University Botanical Garden through the performance of different kinds of activities, namely:
1. cataloguing and classification of herbaria;
2. georeferencing and app development;
3. communication and dissemination of the scientific, cultural and educational activities of the Botanical Garden of the University of Parma in their native languages, especially as regards the production of promotional material and transposition of the collections of the Garden for an international audience.
The group of international students will work in team with Professors and Staff members of the University and the Museum Area. The location of the Botanical garden is in the historical city centre of Parma, five-minute walk from the historical University main building (Sede Centrale), public services and shops.
During the traineeship period at the University of Parma, selected students also have the opportunity to attend academic courses in one or more of the University Departments described below. During their first month in Parma, students may also attend one or more of the available tuition-free Italian language courses.
TRAINEESHIP ACTIVITY AT THE BOTANICAL GARDEN
The profiles and the number of scholarships for each profile are the following:
- 1 scholarship for the georeferencing of the garden natural heritage and integration into a navigation map accessible from the Botanical Garden app (ongoing development).
- 2 scholarships to support the cataloguing of the Garden historical herbaria.
- 3 scholarships for the translation of informative/touristic materials for the promotion of the University Botanical Garden.
The activities will start from the Spring Semester of the 2019/2020 academic year.
The official starting date is 1st February 2020. However, the date can be subject to changes depending on “force majeure” mainly connected to obtaining VISA for study from the competent Italian Embassies or Consulates.
SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT/ FUNDING
The total amount of each scholarship is 6,800.00 Euros. Each beneficiary will receive a monthly scholarship of 1000.00 Euros (gross) for a period of 6 months (6,000.00 Euros total) by bank transfer payments. An additional reimbursement of 800.00 is paid for the coverage of travel costs.
The attendance of academic courses at one of the University Departments above is fee-waived.
Candidate students must be registered at one of the international universities partner to the University of Parma. The list of partner universities is available HERE.
Candidate students are requested to provide the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae in European format;
- Application form duly signed and dated;
- A certificate of enrolment at the home University with the list of passed exams and grades;
- A recommendation letter signed by one faculty from the candidate’s home university;
- A copy of the valid Passport.
The application package, including all relevant and compulsory annexes, MUST BE SENT BY 15TH NOVEMBER 2019
PLEASE READ THE FULL TEXT OF THE CALL AVAILABLE HERE BELOW